PowerPoint is the platform that lets us make presentations as slides to present them in meetings or give them as presented in your classes if you are students. A presentation can be on any topic whether it be on a business, research, or any other topic and will be created on PowerPoint.
Many ways can make a PowerPoint more interesting. The slides have a ton of editable options that can be used from the top bar. You can customize the entire format as well as the background. There are many available options to choose from and all are free. You can even add your own.
There are also different designs and fonts. Also, you can add images and videos to the slides to make them more immersive. The videos can even be added directly from YouTube. There are certain ways through which you can add them
YouTube videos are a great way to make your slides more immersive for the listeners. For example, you want to embed a certain video from YouTube of a person that has a large number of subscribers and also has millions of video views and likes that link directly to your presentation topic you can embed that into your PowerPoint. To do that different methods are stated below:
Inserting an online video directly to PowerPoint
Adding an online video directly to PowerPoint requires an active internet connection and also a version of PowerPoint that is no less old than 2010. Despite these cons, it is one of the best ways to embed a YouTube video to your slides:
- Search the video on YouTube which you want to add to your slides
- Copy its link from the top URL bar
- Now you need to go to your PowerPoint and select the slide where you want to add that video. Go to the add option on PowerPoint and click on the video and select online video.
- This will open a popup menu where you can paste the URL that you copied earlier and click on the search button
Your video will be added to the slides. It will be present just like a regular picture is and you can move it like you do with normal pictures and adjust the size of the video as well.
Using an embed code to add on PowerPoint
This is a comparatively slower mode and still uses your internet connection but it is a more advanced method of embedding the video and gives certain customizations that can’t be done using regular insertion of online videos. It can be done in the following way:
- Just like the other, you need to go to the YouTube video but instead of copying the URL click on the share button and then embed code. It will take you to a code. Copy the entire thing
- Again go to your selected slide on PowerPoint and click on the video and then the online video. There will be an option for embedding video code and a blank space in front. Paste the embed code there and press the icon next to it.
Before adding the video certain modifications can be done on the video. These are called API parameters. Through these, you can separate parts of videos as well as make the video autoplay when that slide is opened. So, it is a more difficult but better way to embed a video from YouTube.
Using screen capture to embed the video
Videos made using screen capturing are very low quality and have a significant downgrade from the original video although these can be played without an internet connection:
- Go to the YouTube video and select its URL from the embed menu. Add the link to a new tab with ?control=o&showinfo=o at the end of the link and search
- Now you can download any screen capturing software and go to your video and adjust it according to the size of the video and record the entire clip
- The video will be saved on your PC
- Now you can easily go to the add video option and select the video from the folder where it was saved.